The Ring Without Words
- We trust all guests will responsibly follow this guideline and take precautions to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID virus.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test are NOT required.
- If you are ill or feel ill, please do not enter the facility.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask while inside the venue.
- These policies are subject to change. If they do, we will update this event page and notify all ticket buyers.
Strauss Oboe Concerto
Wagner The Ring Without Words
Josep Caballé-Domenech Conductor
Noah Kay Oboe
About The Performance
The Philharmonic’s principal oboe Noah Kay takes center stage in Strauss’ Oboe Concerto, among the composer’s final and most elegiac works. This is followed by Richard Wagner’s “The Ring Without Words,” which condenses his four-opera “Ring of the Nibelung” into a singular outpouring of emotion and excitement.
Join us for Colorado Springs Philharmonic Pre-Concert talks. Go behind the curtain and inside the score with these 30-minute pre-concert conversations featuring conductors and guest artists giving their take on the program. Talks begin one hour before performance time.