A Colorado Nutcracker
by the Colorado Ballet Society & Colorado Youth Ballet
- We trust all guests will responsibly follow this guideline and take precautions to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID virus.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test are NOT required.
- If you are ill or feel ill, please do not enter the facility.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask while inside the venue.
- These policies are subject to change. If they do, we will update this event page and notify all ticket buyers.
Come delight in Colorado’s history and beauty, with the sweetest treat of the holiday season!
150 local dancers will bring Colorado Springs' fascinating history to life. Step back in time and experience a 1907 Christmas Eve celebration at the Glen Eyrie home of Gen. William J. Palmer, amongst the city's illustrious founding families. Young Clara, an orphan visitor, is blessed to receive an enchanted Nutcracker doll from Nikola Tesla, inventor extraordinaire and special guest at the party.
Travel with Clara and her Nutcracker Prince as they journey through a wintery Garden of the Gods wonderland to the delightful Land of Sweets where we meet the Sugar Plum Fairy, Mother Nature, and other fanciful characters.
Providing the music for this 75-minute family-friendly production are the professional musicians of the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs with Thomas Wilson conducting.
Tickets, which range in price from $22-$49 plus applicable fees, are on sale now and are available online at AXS.com or in person at the Pikes Peak Center box office.