Click a date above to see events for this month. Click here to see all upcoming events.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The World Arena and Pikes Peak Center seek the following staff:
To apply for an open position:
2. Submit to: Attn: Human Resources
To apply for a full-time position:
2. Submit to: Attn: Human Resources
No phone calls, please. All applicants will be contacted.
DIRECTOR OF TICKETING
This position will report to the Assistant General Manager for the Colorado Springs World Arena.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Director of Ticketing is responsible for and will oversee all aspects of ticketing for the Colorado Springs World Arena Box Office. Facilities currently include the Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts, the Colorado Springs World Arena, and adjoining Ice Hall a designated Olympic Training Site for Figure Skating.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include:
• Direct all ticketing activities of the organization.
• Creation of seating manifests for all ticketed events (reserved and general admission).
• Direction and oversight of and coordination with Tenants/Promoters/Ticket Agency/Team Members on individual event sales, season ticket sales, promotions, discounts, group sales, etc.
• Daily Box Office Deposits – security and accounting of money and credit card sales, ticket stock, equipment and software in the Box Office.
• Daily sales reporting: internal to staff, external to promoters, and to the designated trades.
• Personnel placement, evaluation, training, discipline, scheduling, and supervision for the Colorado Springs World Arena box office.
• Building liaison to contracted Ticket Agency. Direction and oversight and coordination of all ticketing details of events to Ticket Agency for accuracy in the accounting and selling of tickets through the network of Ticket Agency’s Box Office, Outlets, Phones, and Internet Online Sales.
• Coordination of reports and information with CSWA Finance, Events and Marketing departments and building Promoters/Tenants on event ticketing setup (maps, capacities, scaling, holds, technical kills, consignments, comps, on-sales, ticket prices, discounts, ticket limits, cash advances, reporting requirements, etc.) to determine the exact need of the event.
• Coordination with Marketing, Club Concierge and Group Sales on seating requests and special needs/requirements for advance sales and order fulfillment.
• Prepare event settlements, statements, and required reports necessary for day/night-of-event settlement with building and Promoters/Tenants. Day/Night of event ticketing problem resolution and customer service representative.
• Build and maintain Promoter/Tenant/Season Ticket Holders relations.
• Communicating with the general public for quick resolution of customer service matters involving ticketing problems, questions, or concerns from patrons of the facility.
• Informing and coordinating any special accessible seating needs (wheelchairs, hearing enhancement devices, etc.) with the Director of Events Services.
• Attend meetings and communicate with other building Department Heads.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of five to ten years proven track record with computerized ticketing systems and prior supervisory experience required, preferably in an arena and theatre setting. Applicants should posses a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or a similar field. Applicant must be skilled in operating in a Microsoft works environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Position requires long and irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicant should be very organized and well versed in written and verbal communications. Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A demonstrated ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks with a minimum of instruction and supervision is essential. Must have strong customer service skills.
Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000 depending on experience
The Colorado Springs World Arena offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K plan, long/short term disability, life insurance and profit sharing.
Colorado Springs World Arena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decision are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap disability or marital status.
To apply please go to our webpage at www.worldarena.com , click on “About Us”, complete an application and send resume along with a cover letter to:
By Mail: Open Position
Colorado Springs World Arena
3185 Venetucci Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
By Fax: (719) 477-2199
By Email: email@example.com
Applicants will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.