Colorado Ballet Society & Colorado Youth Ballet present A Colorado Nutcracker
- We trust all guests will responsibly follow this guideline and take precautions to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID virus.
- If you are ill or feel ill, please do not enter the facility.
- Any guest who has NOT been fully vaccinated is required to wear a mask.
- Guests who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask. However, it is still strongly encouraged.
- These policies are subject to change. If they do, we will update this event page and notify all ticket buyers.
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of Colorado Springs with Colorado Ballet Society and Colorado Youth Ballet’s production of A Colorado Nutcracker!
150 local dancers will bring Colorado Springs' fascinating history to life. Step back in time and experience a 1907 Christmas Eve celebration at the Glen Eyrie home of General William J. Palmer, amongst the city's illustrious founding families. Young Clara, an orphan visitor, is blessed to receive an enchanted Nutcracker doll from Nikola Tesla, inventor extraordinaire and special guest at the party.
Travel with Clara and her Nutcracker Prince as they journey through a wintery Garden of the Gods wonderland to the delightful Land of Sweets where we meet the Sugar Plum Fairy, Mother Nature, and other fanciful characters.
Providing the music for this 75-minute family-friendly production are the professional musicians of the Chamber Orchestra of the Springs with Thomas Wilson conducting.
Come delight in Colorado’s history and beauty, with the sweetest treat of the holiday season!